Thursday, April 28, 2005

Never cohabitate with a female body builder

on a mission. You can't trust 'em. This particular lady athlete moved, strictly platonically and with separate bedrooms, into my San Antonio suite in '81. As the lights dimmed that first night there comes a soft, pleading tapping at my door. I'm lonely (etc.). She was, to put it mildly, well sculpted...so naturally we enjoyed a few moments of mutually adult entertainment. THEN she informs me of her boyfriend in Hawaii. I rolled my eyes. With a confession like that what else could I do?

She then informs me her back aches. For six months we visit every acupuncturist and chiropractor in town. To this day I wonder if, in some small way, I started those lower back problems which may have limited her chances as a world class weight lifter at a time in her young life when she very much needed recognition.